Aspirin

Thanks for the replies to my query about aspirin.  I was just curious, as I see that Aspirin is sold in powdered form for horses, I assume it is used for something.
Last year I attended a real interesting clinic given by a vet who did equine chiropractic and acupuncture and a human chiropractor.  The vet said the best thing for a horse after a strenuous work-out (to prevent soreness) is walking.  The chiropractor said the best thing for the human was a hot bath with about 2 cups of Epsom salts.
Jackie