Re Pain Relief after rides

HI  to all,
Just thought that I should add my two cent piece here.After a competitive
ride,my horses rest for a week,after the third days rest I might ride them
lightly.I also cut there feed by half while they are resting.Some of my
horses after the actual endurance ride ,enjoy a good roll,this relaxes them
no end.I also believe in massaging my horses after a endurance ride,this
soothes the muscles and relaxes them(I wish I could get massaged after a
ride :-)
My stallions are great ones for rolling after each leg of a ride,then they
are ready to give me there best when we set off again.(I do believe or so I
was told that rolling makes the horses pulses go up,I dont really believe
this though)
I also massage the horses legs inbetween each stage of the ride,before and
after the vet checks.
Touch wood all my horses have stayed sound,no leg problems at all,after care
of your horse is vital BUT one definately does not need BUTE  after a
ride.There are natural alternatives to bute if this is needed.Devil claw is
one of them.
Anyway enough from me.
Regards
Kathy in South Africa *preparing for her first ride of the season on the
16th January*
PS on a long trip I always give my horses a shot of VIT B Co this helps them
on the trip as well