Bleeding from nostril

Hi, everyone...

Wondering about my husband's 12-year-old gelding, who has
recently started bleeding out of one nostril again.  He did this
some time ago, and vet said probably allergy--only one nostril,
thin blood (sometimes scant trace).  We went out for an hour today,
and it happened again (2x in a month).  Anyone have any horses who
do this on the trail?

Thanks for any assistance...

Chris