Re: fitting a saddle to a young horse

Kat - maturity sure does things to our shapes, doesn't it?!  And of course
it does for a horse too.
	The sense I've gotten from the replies so far is that horses' backs change
all the time because of growth, maturity, conditioning, weight gain/loss,
etc., etc., etc. so there is probably no perfect time for fitting a saddle.
 Having several saddles seems to be a good idea but some saddles, or at
least types of saddles, seem to fit a greater variety of back shapes than
others.
	For those of you that commented that your horse grew, esp. in the withers:
did the shape of the back change besides the withers getting higher?
Thanks all for your input!
Laney