Re: Feeding alfalfa when it is cold

ChacoL@aol.com wrote:

> Susan, Dr. Bray, the speaker on nutrition at last year's AERC convention in
> Sacramento, replied to someone who said that their dealer didn't carry good
> grass hay that you have to demand it over and over.

That's nothing.  You should see Dr. Bray when he's trying to get me to
teach one of his classes here at Cal Poly for him---now THAT'S
repetitious demanding.<VBG>  But, you're right, he usually gets what he
wants!;->

  It's certainly true that
> any kind of retailer will stock only what he can sell.  So maybe we all need
> to make more noise until we get what we want.

Well, there's certainly plenty of good grass hay available in Southern
and Central Ca, so it doesn't seem unreasonable for it to be available a
little further north.

Thanks for the info on getting a hold of the growers.  Hopefully the
folks up north will be able to get some good quality hay.  Maybe some
people can get together to buy a full load and get a better price to
boot.

Susan G