Problem horse

>Koppertox.  It has recurred twice since then and in the same hoof.  He also
>has lost two of his front teeth in his lower jaw.  I am feeding him more
>coastal than he can eat and a coffee can each of 10% sweet feed and whole
>oats plus one cup of Calf Manna 1xd and a cup of corn oil 1xd and the grain
>and hay are fed twice a day.  He is turned out on 4 acres with an older

Hi Rachael:

I'm on digest, so forgive me if I am repeating what others have said.
First thing I'd do is get a good equine dentist to check his teeth.  Has he
been wormed regularly?  How large are the coffee cans you are using?  You
may want to try beet pulp, adding the oil to that - instead of feeding so
much grain type feeds.  You may want to run a blood panel on him too.  Talk
to your vet.  Good luck,

Happy Trails,

Karen
in Gardnerville