Ridecamp Mission Statement

I've been thinking this over for a few days and I am going to stick my neck
out here.  I've been on RC since just about the very beginning.  It is my
favorite list.  This past year was often times horrible, bickering and off
topic more times then not.  I've deleted more posts then I read this past
year, but lately it seems to have gotten back on track and I haven't
noticed as much bickering as usual.  Mulling this over I came up with the
idea that if we had a clear Mission Statement, created by RC users that we
can use to monitor our own behaviors then maybe more good then stress would
once again come out of this group.  Now would be a good time too because
after Xmas we usually end up with a lot of new members, people who probably
got computers for Xmas.

For instance how would we like to see RC benefit the majoritiy of the
on-line endurance community?  I think one of the main goals of this list is
to educate the new comers. I don't know how my first start would of been if
I hadn't already been on RC for 2 years prior to the ride.  Many times I
see newcomers questions go by the way side, any suggestions?  Other
valuable information that you can only get on RC is the sharing of feed
information for the endurance athlete, tack, conditioning, gear, etc...
 This list has saved my butt many a time!!!   So I guess this idea rattling
around in my head is more geared toward what our goals are for 1999, and
how we can throw a cyber bucket of cold water on members when the topic
becomes too heated.  It would be nice if RC was once again a safe place to
post without getting your butt flamed for it:}

I've never written a mission statement before, some of the more
professional RC posters would probably do a much better job.  But I'd love
to hear publicly from others on the list on how they would write it.

That's my idea, I stuck my neck out and now my finger is posed over my
idiot key<VBG>!

                                  Cheryl Newbanks
~~~           ~~ ^ ^        SW Region
~~~\      _ ~~/ /\ /        Buckeye, AZ