Re: Clipping on the fly

In a message dated 1/5/99 12:17:29 PM Eastern Standard Time, aungish@UNOS.org
writes:

> Wonderful lessons about patience and standing
>  quietly can be taught to a horse that  is used for trail work.
Sally, I have seen the ratchet style advertised, I thought that they were
designed to take more than "one squeeze" to get through the branch, therefore
making it impossible to clip-on-the-(fast)-fly.  We always carry a machete and
a saw for the tough stuff.
Jackie Baker

PS-Yes, Stephen's horse has learned to stand still, she figured that trimming
trail sure beat out training any day!