Re: carbs, ad nauseam

In a message dated 1/5/99 3:20:01 PM Pacific Standard Time, lb@nismat.org
writes:

<< Well again, I thing that the amounts here are insubstantial.  If you
 give a horse 1 ounce of carb and he somehow stores
 all that as glycogen then, hey, he has stored 2-3 ounces of fluid.
 This should not appreciably affect urine production in such a large
 animal with such big urine outputs.  Furthermore, no one has ever
 shown to my knowledge in any species that carb during exercise is
 converted to glycogen.  It is used directly as an exogenous source of
 energy. No?

 Beth Glace, MS >>

That's as I understand it.

ti