Re: Trail trimmers & alfalfa hay

Okay, first of all I would never tie a rope to my arm that is attached to the
clippers, that would be just plain stupid, but what I was thinking of was a
thin string or something that would break if pulled too tight, but would hold
the clippers and keep them from falling to the ground. It was just a thought.
I probably would never get around to doing it anyway. But, I did go ahead and
order a pair of ratchet clippers and can't wait until they come in!!
About the alfalfa hay issue, I have to supplement my horse with alfalfa
because the barn I keep him at to me has terrible grass hay and there isn't
any pasture, just dry lot. It has helped with his weight, but I still am not
happy with his weight. He gets both grass and alfalfa hay and more grain than
I care to mention. We used to feed our Arabs alfalfa hay and plain oats and
they always looked great. The owners of the barn where I keep my horse now
hate to use the alfalfa, but I provide it and they do feed it to my horse.
They owner is afraid that he may eat a beatle and die. But I know better.
anyway, my two cents worth.
Margi