Re: Trail trimmers

>. And the hole in the handle is a greatidea, I hate getting my clippers
stuck on a branch and then either drop them
>or fall off my horse, which I opt to drop the clippers thank you very
much.
>! But if you tie a string to the
>clippers and
>then to your arm or something, it ould be okay, don't you think?

I'm more of a branch breaker, but have a warning for those thinking of
tying clippers to their wrist.  I'll never forget videoing a HUGE tulip
poplar tree being cut down in my front yard.  The trimmer guy was "way"
up in the top of the tree, leaning back on his climbing belt with his
foot hooks or whatever they're called stuck in the tree.  His chainsaw
had a rope running from the handle to his belt.  He cut off a limb that
was as big around as most trees, but just as it started to fall we
realized that the chainsaw was stuck in the limb.  The limb fell, and hit
just the right angle to release the chainsaw which made a big circle past
his head in recoil from the stretched rope.  It happened so quickly that
I wasn't sure what had happened.   In typical macho manner, after he
asked to see the video and saw the limb falling while still attatched to
his belt...he sheepishly said, "I almost got stretched!"

Wouldn't be as violent on a trotting horse, but at 7mph, I'll guarantee
you could get yanked off if they hang up.  How's about a velcro
wristband?

Angie

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]