Clipping on the fly/clipper address

Linda wrote >>>>>and once I got my hands on these great clippers, I had
to force myself to stop playing with them - VERY
cool!

Yes, Linda was wonderful trail help as she helped us whack our way
through a pile of tangled trees and grapevine that had fallen across the
trail.  So Linda, when are you coming back - we had a lot of ice damage
here in Va last week? <grin>  I'll even buy you a pair of clippers if
you come back and help us.

Since Linda asked for the information on the rachet style clippers, I'll
post it for everyone.
I can't say enough about how much I like this style.  No little springs
that go flying off in the middle of the woods. and have to be seached
for among the leaves and acorns.  They come with bright colored handles
that are easy to spot if you drop them on the trail.  And yes, they are
easy to use on the fly.
 Hmmmm, maybe we need a "clipping on the fly" contest to go along with
the "sponging championship",  It could be our winter sport here in the
colder states where the sponge is more likely to encounter an ice glaze
over the water hole this time of year. What do you think, Angie?  Maybe
we could create a whole new interest in trail clearing as folks seach
for a place to practice their techniques?

Here is the info in case you are interested.
Florian
157 Water Street
Southington, CT  06489

www.florianratchetcut.com
email: sales@florianratchetcut.com

The hand pruners are about $33 and have a lifetime guarantee for
replacement.  They are worth the money as I have owned many others that
couldn't even begin to compare with these.  The only thing I would like
is for them to have a hole in the handle for tying a string to.  I have
used the same pair alot in the past 4-5 years and have never even had to
have them sharpened

Sally Aungier
Powhatan, VA
who always carries clippers and a folding saw and believes that trail
maintanance is a part of  every ride, not something that you go out and
do once or twice a year.  Wonderful lessons about patience and standing
quietly can be taught to a horse that  is used for trail work.