Fwd: Splints

---- Begin included message ----
	 I have a 29 year old American Saddlebred gelding that we bought for
endurance as a 9 year old . Our children used him for Gymkhanas (Barrel
recing; pole bending)etc. They sometimes forgot to use splint boots and he had
two splints, one on each front leg just below the knees .They never bothered
him in training or on 50's. He never had a lame day and as the years went on
they just dissapeared. I think the main thing to consider is how did they get
them; how big are they; and how close to the knees are they. each horse is
different and a lot deon how the splints appear after being stressed.
(swelling'etc.)
				Hope this helps a little! Dave
---- End included message ----