Re: Purina Athlete

In a message dated 1/2/99 7:09:17 PM Pacific Standard Time, roberc@pacific.net
writes:

<< I currently feed Purina Omalene 200 which has Athlete in it.  It also has
 electrolites, vitamins and minerals and is formulated for working horses.

Unfortunately, formulating for short-burst working horses and aerobic working
horses are two different problems.  Athlete is sort of an enigma, as its high
fat is aimed at aerobic horses (yes, I noted your objection, Tom--that part of
it is desirable for endurance athletes but a puzzler for your anaerobic
athletes) but its high protein and added electrolytes are counterproductive to
endurance.  Makes me think it doesn't really fit anywhere.

Heidi