Re: Purina Athlete

Yes, Johnna, I have seen problems with horses switched to Purina Athlete, and
attributed it to two things--one, the extra protein (most of our horses
already get too much protein in their roughage sources anyway) and two, at
least when it first came out, it had added salt, and horses on the product
never "conditioned" themselves to a salt deficit, hence they lost more than
they should when under stress.  Several of the top horses in our area switched
to it when it came out, had problems, got back off of it, and the problems
went away.

Heidi