From: Olympian06@aol.com <Olympian06@aol.com>
To: ridecamp@endurance.net <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Date: Saturday, January 02, 1999 5:09 PM
Subject: Purina Athlete

Hi all....on one of my treks to the feed store I came across a new product
(new to me atleast) called Purina Athlete.  I have never heard about this
product and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this food?
I started feeding this because my Arabian has tendency to drop weight when
he
is racing.  I feed a good quality grass hay and they receive oats and sweet
feed.  I do not feed alfalfa because of various reasons. I need to put this
weight on my horse and the amount of oil he would need would be impossible
feed him.  SO....this feed has a lot of fat and protein, it goes like
this.....
Crude protein not less than...............14%
Crude fat not less that ......................14%
Crude fiber not more than..................4.0%

All I am wondering is if anyone can see any problem with this feed, or has
heard anything about this, either good or bad.  I greatly appreciate any
information you might have and can give.  Thank you all so very much!!!

It is so warm here lately that all of the horses are shedding, whoopee!!!!!

Johnna Robb
Arizona
Olympian06@aol.com