Re: Purina Athlete

I have two horses that tend to lose weight if I don't keep an eye on them.  From advice
mostly gleaned from ridecampers, I started feeding beet pulp and oil.  Both of these
horses plumped up nicely and are maintaining weight nicely even with the occasional
riding we are doing and the extreme cold temps.  I am told you can feed up to 2 cups a
day of oil (1 cup 2X a day).  The beet pulp can vary, too depending on what you are
feeding for hay, how much, etc.  But I am a firm believer and would bet the combination
could help you, too.  I have never seen our horses so sleek and shiny and happy in the
winter, especially in the bitter cold stuff we have been having!  Good Luck!
Maggie
P.S.  I believe Purina has a website that could shed some light on your questions.  I
know I have read about Purina Athlete.