Re: Lunging up and coming..

I agree.  It really scares me to see how much work some people do with
YOUNG horses on the lunge line or in the round pen--both western and
English trainers.  Right now, one of the most popular classes in western
showing is the "lunge-line class".   The babies look like miniture
conditioned HORSES and are lunged FAST!  It really makes me shiver to
think what this is doing to the  legs and joints of growing foals and
young horses! PLEASE  don't do it--except at a walk for  training
purposes..  Taking the baby with you (leading) is a great way to  start
his training.  (If in doubt, go slow!)

Maureen