Re: blister beetle question

Julie,

I too am concerned about the blister beetle & found some info. on them in the
Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Insects & Spiders. It seems that
in addition to the ones we've seen on Ridecamp, there is more that are common to
the SW. One is called the Arizona Blister Beetle & is described as ranging in
size from 5/8" to 1-1/8". In color it is blue-black with dull orange head &
neck.  As if that's not enough variety, there's another that is supposedly found
in the Rocky Mtns. from New Mexico to Alberta that is about the same size but
metallic purple or green.

Sure hope we don't actually find any!

Karen (SW)