Witez II bloodlines

<< I would appreciate hearing for those of you that are riding *Witez II
horses, or have known of *Witez II horses from the past that have done
 well in the Tevis Cup ride and other endurance events.  I am primarily
interested in purebred Arabians but would like to hear about the part-
Arabianss also. >>

To: Anna Freeman
Re: Witez II breeding

I have a lovely 3/4 Arab mare I bred who is doing nicely in endurance.  She is
sired by Koszar, by Kosciusko, by Witez II.  She is "tough as a pine nut".
I've brought her along slowly, and I don't compete heavily.  Last year, due to
an injury to me, I did only one ride.  But she made a huge impression on me in
August of 1997 when, at the age of 7 1/2 years, she substituted as the mount
for my daughter and son-in-law to run the demanding Swanton Pacific 100 Ride &
Tie.  Their own mount had turned up lame just a few days before the race, so I
loaned them my mare, Tigerlady.  The mare had never really been conditioned
for a 100 mile distance, but I trusted my daughter and son-in-law to take care
of her and quit if she became too tired or stressed.  TL (Tigerlady) finished
the ride in great form, earlier than I usually finish a 100 miler, and before
many of the regular endurance riders on the same course at the same time.
I also have an aged gelding by the same sire who has performed very well for
me, and another one (by Kosciusko) that we sold for a pleasure horse after he
sustained an injury that ended his endurance career.  I'm a great believer in
the Witez II line.

Barbara McCrary

P.S. Hyannis Cattle Company owned and used Kosciusko, a Witez II son for many
years and produced some outstanding endurance horses during the 60s, 70s and
80s.