Marking trails

>   One
>trail marking trick we use (I saw it first at Million Pines in GA) is
>to string a ribbon across the trail when you are turning off of a wide
trail onto a narrow one.  Otherwise the riders might blow right past it.

Can't resist:  Mathew 7:13
...the way is broad that leads to destruction, and many are those who
enter by it.  For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to
life, and few are those who find it.

Just wanted to point out that this is NOT a new problem. :-)

The best method we've found is to put a white pie plate with a turn arrow
AT the turn, then go past it going the way they shouldn't go, and put a
red pie plate, or a plate with an X on it about 30 yards past the turn.
That way if the rider is distracted, say by trying to arrange tack, etc.
they'll not pass both before they look up again.

We're not above putting tape across the trail, but some places, like
roads make this impossible.

Angie

Angie McGhee & Kaboot
Wildwood, GA
Rides2far@juno.com
Kabootnme@aol.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]