Re: Bareback riding

  What
>will
>happen if I compete on him bareback?

You will canter a lot, and get to enjoy the sensation of salty horse
sweat bathing a bad case of diaper rash. :-)  Plenty of people use the
synthetic western.  You'll probably be fine.

We all read about the perfect saddle/horse/training program.  Let me tell
you about a competition a friend of mine did a couple of years ago.

She (Debbie Triplett) decided to go do the Big South Fork 50 at the last
minute.  She had no entry form or directions, so she just headed towards
this place which is a couple of 100 miles wide and drove around in the
dark until she found camp.  She showed up at 2:00 AM. in her Toyota
Pickup pulling her home- made 2 horse trailer/rust bucket.  She had
gotten hay out of her dad's cow barn after dark and didn't notice it was
one big clump of mold.  She forgot her grain, but had brought enough
steaks to cook for everyone in camp (Dad's a cattle farmer). She used to
have an Ortho-Flex but the ex-boyfriend stole it when he left...so she
was riding a really cheap dry rotted western saddle.  We loaned her some
hay and grain, she got up in the morning and won the race.  The one thing
she didn't forget was to get her horse in shape.  A heck of a lot of
people who have the best of everything else, kinda forget that part.

Angie

Why pay more to use the Internet?
Get fast, reliable, affordable Web access
From Juno, the world's second largest online service.
Download your free software <a href="http://www.juno.com/getit.a.html">here</a>.