Re: Bareback riding

In a message dated 98-09-28 19:53:37 EDT, zebella@northrim.net writes:

<<  What will
 > happen if I compete on him bareback?

 Hmm, don't the rules say that you have to use *some* sort of a saddle?
 Wonder if a bareback pad is considered a sort of saddle?  Now, I'm
 curious <G>

I don't think AERC has a rule about it.  We have had a handful of bareback
riders in this area over the years.  I have noted with interest, though, that
those who have stuck with the sport have switched to saddles....

Heidi