Fwd: Bareback riding

In a message dated 98-09-28 19:48:05 EDT, PSCHOPony@AOL.COM writes:

<<
 Sorry to ask so many questions.  I ride my horse bareback and when I do get a
 saddle, it will most likely be a synthetic western saddle.  Before I do
 though, will riding my horse bareback during his endurance training hurt him?
 I have ridden him this way since I had him (over a year now).  What will
 happen if I compete on him bareback?  Will the type of saddle I want be good
 enough for training and competition?  Or will an all purpose english saddle
do
 better?  Thanks again.
 PSCHO Pony and Spirit, the newbies to this sport.

As an X bareback rider (now over 40 and can't stay on) do endurance riders
HAVE to ride in a saddle? If you wanted to do just LD, you can carry
everything you need on your person, without the need of a saddle. I'm not
asking if she should ride bareback, I'm asking if she can, is it against the
rules to ride bareback?

Leigh Preddy SE

---- Begin included message ----

---- End included message ----