Re: Vandalism

In a message dated 9/25/98 10:31:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
forbes@mountainmax.net writes:

<< An old rancher (literallly the very LAST one left in this area - every
 other has sold out because they couldn't pay the property taxes brought on
 by tourism and greed) said with a twinkle in his eye, (the other day when
 we my husband and I went riding with him) "Oops, there's another ribbon.
 Missed that one.  Poor buggers.  Can't find their way home, guess they
 shouldn't be out here."  He grinned.  >>
For a 3rd slant, how about THIS: those ribbons, far from showing everyone the
wya since many already KNOW the way from previous experience, these ribbons
tend to keep the riders outof areas that are either hazardous or perhaps
protected, as is the case in the Santa Monicas. There are some areas that are
being revegetated or were washed out in teh floods, etc. Just a conservative
take from one who DOES know the trails and loves to cut a little chap besides
now and then :)!
san