Re: Vandalism

In a message dated 98-09-26 01:37:12 EDT, forbes@mountainmax.net writes:

<< I wanted to explain endurance riding to a guy who rode his horse to school,
 and knows the mountains like the creases in his horse's eyes...  to explain
 100 mile rides to a man whose family homesteaded over 100 years ago in a
 covered wagon...  oh well.  I kept my mouth shut.

Actually, many of us that started out in this sport a quarter of a century ago
came from exactly that heritage--I am not old enough to fit your description,
but members of my family do.  I have found that folks like that understand
endurance riding very well, once they have the opportunity to know what it is
all about.

Heidi