Re: picket lines

Angie McGhee wrote:
The best way to get it really tight is to run the rope around the
trailer divider, then back to the hole in the knot eliminator, then
REALLY pull it tight (back towards the trailer) before tying it off.

Angie,

A really easy way to tighten a picket line is a ratchet type load
binder.  Mine is 12' nylon web and I hook it on the end of my regular
picket line.  It is quick and easy to put a picket line up with one of
these.  Just ratchet it tight.  No more sagging picket lines.  Some here
use the 20' nylon web ratchet/line for their entire picket line but
sometimes the trees aren't just the right distance for that.  I find my
12' ratchet attached to about 25 foot of picket line more versatile.
The ratchet hooks around the picket post/tree/trailerpost at one end and
I have a large snap I hook in one of the loops in the picket line and
around the tree/post at the other end.  No knots to tie or untie and a
tight secure line with a quick easy release of the rachet in case of
emergency.

Donna Dochterman
Dokada Arabians
http://members.tripod.com/~DokadaArabians/