Re: picket lines

We use a picket line all the time. No knot eliminator, just a knot
with a loop directly in the picket line. (sometimes takes a couple of
times, to get the loops far enough apart to discourage poor
sportsmanship among the boys.) No escapes, no accidents, no worrying
about one of them getting a leg caught between corral pipes. When
Classy is off the line, My obnoxious "bad boy" can have as big of a
fit as he wants, he can't break anything, can't hurt himself. (the
rope is a good 2' over his head, we keep them away from the trees,
etc. ) When they are separated, he has been known to have either the
front two, or rear two feet off the ground at all times. (sometimes
all four! right Julie?) We are now trying to work out a way to picket
without trees, so it's nice to read some others ideas along these
lines. Rick thought of something similar to the tripod thing, and a
line between 2 horse trailers is okay, depending how many horses and
how much rope you have. It's definitely lighter than a corral, fast to
put up (we've done this in the dark practically) and the horses seem
very comfortable on a high line.

So that's my 2 cents worth. We love 'em!

Heidi

==
                   /\_/\~