Re: fees for jrs.

Mary Ben,

I know that you do a LOT for junior riders.  But the 1/2 fee is a RM
option that you choose to do - correct?.  Does AERC have any special
discount for jr. members if their familiers are not members?  I think
it would be great if any existing AERC member could sponsor a jr for
$10 (then all jrs could have the satisfaction of seeing their miles
accumulate.)  I also think it stinks that single members have to pay $65
while couples who both ride pay $75.  $55, and $85 would be much more
reasonable with a Jr. membership remaining at $10, or better yet allowing
1 Jr free with the $85 "family" memership.  The current structrue
really seems an unreasonable subsidy of couples, most groups that I know
of charge around 1/2 again the single fee for a family membership and the
whole family is usually included instead of charging for each child the
same as an adult family member.

Teresa

> I wonder if you know how many juniors ride that have no family members who
> ride.  There are a great many of them.  This drops the fee right back down to
> 1/2 the regular fee with the junior discount and also some rides let junior
> ride free.....MB

And the RM's would have not have the option of waiving any part of mandatory
AERC fees for Jrs would they?