Re: fees for jrs.

In a message dated 9/23/98 9:16:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
vanhove@unavco.ucar.edu writes:

<<  I also think it stinks that single members have to pay $65
 while couples who both ride pay $75.  $55, and $85 would be much more
 reasonable with a Jr. membership remaining at $10 >>
We agree that $65 is rather high for a single. That was made more than clear
when the dues were raised 2 years ago. There should certainly be a discount
however, for each additional family member who is added. First of all, even
thought we are all members in our family, we only get one issue of AERC News.
In addition, we end up paying the fee for each additional horse that another
person rides, since only one horse is free with a membership. That means 3
extra horses for us. It also encourages family members to do this together,
and I would think - don't know - that eventually many of these people,
epsecially juniors become members. Certanly, the higher the dues go, the less
inclined people are to add to their family membership, especially for people
like us, since our kids are riding the older horses who don't even do any 50s
anymore. So in a way, our fees for membership are subsidizing non-members even
more than a fully participant person who is single. One thing is certain - due
shad better stay where they are. They are already the second highest we pay,
and all of them over a year add up to well over $500 for our family, and our
teen daughter doesn't even ride anymore to speak of!
san