Re: endurance saddle for TB

In a message dated 98-09-23 11:59:30 EDT, kathy@nvolve.com writes:

<<  "Own a TB, buy a Stubben". >>

Works for a lot of Arabs, too. Bought a well-used Stubben in 1978 and rode it
on ALL my horses until 1997 when I broke the tree.  Put over 4000 AERC miles
on various horses with it, as well as all my conditioning, trail marking,
pleasure riding, you-name-it.  Never had a sore back until the ride after
which I discovered the broken tree...  Admittedly I have never had a horse
that was hard to fit, either--Junior (my now-going-blind stallion) had 5
different riders the year he was PNER mileage champion, and has had 11
different riders in his career--all have used their own saddles, and the only
time HE has had a sore back was the ride after which I discovered the broken
tree...  Had one other PNER mileage champ (also reserve points champ--an old
mare named Sansih) back in 1985 who was ridden by me in the Stubben every step
of the way.

Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon)