Re:Rides in North Carolina

<< Just my experience.  Also...the "tougher" rides are often safer.
 Everyone slows down there.  Easy rides encourage tooo much speed and
 there are often more problems there. >>

Bingo!  We start all of our young horses on the "toughest" 50's we can find,
for several reasons--varied terrain that uses different muscles, keeps them
mentally more interested, encourages them to slow down without fighting them,
and there are also more apt to be other slower horses to keep them company.
We save the "easy" rides until at least 2nd and preferably 3rd year horses.

Heidi