Re: Rides in North Carolina

I am also in NC. There is only a few rides in NC: Biltmore (usually in May),
Brushy Mountain Pass('97 ride in Oct. Cancelled for '98) and Moutain Hopes,
held at Biltmore (Sept 26, 98) You need to go to Endurance.net and check out
the schedules online. Several rides occur within a fair driving distance:
Greenway Gallop, Carolina, Glenwood-Blackhorse Gap, Hallelujah, Liberty Run,
even Million Pines is not too far away. Virginia has some very good rides each
year, but I would not recomend them for newbies. For a first Limited Distance
ride, I would suggest Mountain Hopes if you can get in this late, Liberty Run
in October is fine and so is the Carolina which is held Thanksgiving weekend.

Good Luck, have fun, its better at the rides than it is here at ridecamp
lately.....

Leigh Preddy, SE