Re: Won't Pee?

 Anne,   this is just my experience but, I have riden geldings and mares
and it seemed to me geldings were more relaxed about peeing under saddle
than mares.  My mare would rarely pee under saddle.  Now my gelding
refuses to pee in the trailer or where there is hard ground (does not
like to get weewee on his legs) and he'll start a tap dance in the
trailer when he wants out to go.  He'll hold it (despite plenty of
stops) till he has too full a bladder and then what happens (I asked a
vet about this) he loses bladder tone and ends up going many times small
amounts.   I almost pulled from the High Sierra ride a few years ago
until the ride vet said he has lost bladder tone from holding it.
Ofcourse Anne, being careful and safe is always a good option.   Linda

Linda Eisele & Sareei and
hubby, Allen & LS Iceman
& the young LS Lakota
nevadaghostridr@webtv.net