Strongid C

Title: Strongid C

Heidi, I read your post about Strongid C.  I  just started giving Mujahli the daily ration about a month ago due to his inability to gain weight, and upon my vet's prescription.  I hadn't heard of this problem in endurance horses (and I doubt that he had, as well).  Do you or anyone have any info on the incidence of colic with endurance horses?  Mujahli has been getting B's at the hour vet-in but I attributed this to his lack of drinking and eating during the first 25 miles...usually it gets a little better toward the end, tho' he has not gotten an A on gut yet.  His metabolics seem to be good otherwise   Is the Strongid likely to exacerbate this tendancy?  I rode my first ride, the Mt Lassen Challenge, since I put him on Strongid and I noticed no difference.   He is indeed gaining weight.  If this is problematic during ride season, does it make sense to use the daily supplement during the off-season for weight gain and then terminate in the Spring?

Thanks, Steve McCorkle and Mujahli
Spectrum Trading features Kingston Technology Memory, Processor Upgrades, and Integrated Mass Storage Subsystems. Visit our Website at www.Spectrumtrading.com or Spectrumstorage.com for information and pricing. (Steve@spectrumtrading.com)