TK Post

These were powerful sentiments and words expressed by this anonymous person.
While I felt a respect for the courage i thought it took to post this, I lost
it when I realized this person is not an AOL user and is as a result
anonymous. Certainly, whenever there is a suspected abuse either of the horses
themselves or the people who work terribly hard to provide these events for us
AND to keep our horses safe AT them, it should be stated. But being anonymous
makes it tough to support the statement.

The fact is that we were also privvy to an ungracious display of not only bad
judgment but also poor sportsmanship. Fortunately, our young daughter who was
there has already been inculcated with values - of compassion, respect, honor
and sportsmanship. I worried less about that impact than I did what newbie
riders might think. Having gone off course myself - in the showring too - it
is clear that this is what good sportsmanship MEANS. There is nothing wrong
with stating the truth. If you have a truth to tell, don't hide. INdeed, we
have expressed our support for both the delightful RM (g) as well as the
terrific vet staff. And while we are on teh topic: this is to the woman whose
grey horse was not in good shae at the first vet check and BEGGED Heidi to let
you continue. Your handler butted in fornt of me in teh vet line, and so I
heard you tell Heidi you would take it easy if she let you continue. After she
explained to you that if you got into trouble, there would be no way to haul
you out of the area you were proceeding into, you continued anyway. My
daughter, who was with me at that moment, spotted you later galloping you-
know-what bent for leather down the trail. She was appalled. She is only 11
and she knows better. I thought, your poor horse! bad example for a child or a
newbie.

Folks, the vets are there to protect our horses...especially when a rider
won't. Kudos to Heidi and all the other vets who put up with your crap when
they TELL you a horse shouldn't go on and you argue. Frankly, I wish we had
sanctions like they have in baseball. You don't argue a strike with the
umpire. You just DON'T.

Well, Lynne, you did a fine job, and your vets were terrific. I don't plan to
let some poor riders spoil the sport for us - and I hope we collectively won't
let them spoil it for all the new riders and young riders. Stick to your guns
- we will!
san