RE: Dressage Saddle

I wouldn't hesitate to use my dressage saddle for endurance riding also but
it is an exceptionally well designed saddle. I have a Smith-Worthington
dressage saddle, the "Maxx" and the S-W "Trail Maxx", which is the same
saddle but with slightly more forward flaps and a fatter thigh roll. It has
a wide gullet, wide flat panels that are gussetted and extended, a medium
deep seat with a nice flat area at the low point, "V" billets that stabilize
the saddle, lots of padding in the seat, etc, etc. The saddles come in every
width imaginable and they can custom adjust the angle of the bars for your
horse besides custom flocking for the shape of your horses back. I wouldn't
suggest a deep, cup shaped seat for trail work and the wide, long, flat
panels are importent for your horses back. You can easily and fairly cheaply
have extra dees added to an english saddle for hanging stuff. There are some
other brands out there that also come close to fitting this description even
some "Arabian" saddles but I think the Smith-Worthington has the best panels
and trees going plus they really back up their saddles with full repair and
customising.

Bonnie Snodgrass