Re: Strongid C

Yes Susan  I too tried Purina Athlete and had the reported problems. DId
not belive a feed like that could cause recovery problems and attitude
management problems

I stopped using it. the horse came back to normal.
BUT i have to have postive -repeatable proof.. as all good research..
so like a fool i put her back on it after off it for 2 months.

within 3 weeks we had the SAME problems  observed and documented during
condx rides and competiton.. almost got pulled from a CTR in PA because
she would not settle and recover in the VC.
Took he off of it and within a week she was almost back to normal.

I called Purina and while they were nice -- never did get the issue
resolved. BUT i do recall reading a article someplace that they changed
the formula -- I have not tried it since  but there are MANY endurnace
horses on the feed today.

I just mix my own now
Roger R