Re: Purina Athlete (was Strongid C)

In a message dated 98-09-08 05:50:17 EDT, vmaxept@cococo.net writes:

<< Yes Susan  I too tried Purina Athlete and had the reported problems. DId
 not belive a feed like that could cause recovery problems and attitude
 management problems

One can repeat the Purina Athlete problems by upping the ration's protein in
other ways and adding daily electrolytes, or in many cases just one or the
other.  Those were the two problems with Athlete.  I don't know if they
changed the formula, but I had SEVERAL riders in my area encounter problems
with it.  The only time I saw Hall of Fame horse RT Muffin in metabolic
difficulty was when the Westlakes tried it...

Heidi