Re: You can't please them all

>Thanks for the responses to my message re: Speedbumps in the
>Grasslands.  Please remember that I only mentioned this subject because
>our Ranger asked me to.  Some people like the bumps (in their areas) and
>some don't.  I KNOW they are for water control, which I think I
>mentioned in my original post.  The Ranger just wants to see if they can
>find some other method for water control that doesn't require so many
>huge mounds in the trails.  And, yes, we do have a lot of other
>obstacles to train our horses on out here.

>Amber
>I'm just the messenger
>(I get into more trouble that way)

Be happy you have mounds in your trail:  the erosion control method used in
our part of the National Forest are "water bars" which are shallow trenches
about 1 hoof wide, and they can be quite hard to see (and the mountain
bikers hate them because they are just wide enough to grab a front tire).
There apparently no easy solutions . . .

-- Lynn K. (Santa Ynez, CA)
   http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky