First LD Ride disappointing

Hi Everyone!!

I just finished my first Limited Distance ride this weekend.  I had previously
done competitive trail, but not LDs.  It was not a good experience at all.  I
probably won't do this ride again.  I had heard so many great things about it
since subscribing to ridecamp and was so disappointed.

I had no idea what to expect.  The "old-timers" didn't seem to want to help
out new riders.  Management was horribly unorganized...

I'd really like to hear from other LD riders to see if this was just an
exception.

Thanks!!