Re: First LD Ride disappointing

> I had no idea what to expect.  The "old-timers" didn't seem to want to help
> out new riders.  Management was horribly unorganized...
>
> I'd really like to hear from other LD riders to see if this was just an
> exception.

I've only done two rides so far, but found the exact opposite to be true
-- I received so much help I hardly had to do anything myself besides ride
my horse -- I had lots of old-timers watching out for me and passing along
tips -- a complete stranger carried my stuff to the vet check area when I
was running late getting ready to leave, and later heated my lunch for me
when my propane stove wouldn't work -- both ride meetings asked
first-timers to stay after for special hints & advice -- both rides (Long
Leaf and Oconee) were very well-organized -- and I never felt anything
except welcome and support.

Of course, I live and ride in the Deep South where hospitality and
friendliness are a way of life!

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL
AERC # M18819 & H27310