Norco...Grrrrrrrrreat Ride!

Hi Ridecampers:

I finally brushed off the cobwebs on my rig and QH mare, Brassy. She hasn't
done a ride in 4 years. With her knocked down left hip, I wasn't sure if she
could handle a 50. Claire Toomey & I decided to go to Norco. She brought her
big gelding Fox. Since we were bringing semi-conditioned horses, we planned on
riding the 50 for conditioning.
As some of the other posts described the hills, they were right, straight up
and straight down. Switch backs would have been easier. The humidity was a lot
worse than Las Vegas. Everyone said it was cooler than the previous days. Good
thing, it wasn't too bad.
The bamboo tunnels were like riding in a Disneyland jungle ride. Sometimes we
could here music, and other sounds we didn't know what was lurking in there.
We were thinking, "Trolls" might live in there.
Our horses had never been in belly deep water, but it didn't bother them, I
sure hope my pictures turn out of Claire in the canal and over the belly deep
water.
I can't remember a ride that we had so much fun, and in the 10+ hours it took
us, I wanted to keep riding. Brassy's attitude surprised me also, as she still
had the heart to do the distance.
I would rate this ride as moderate to difficult. Difficult as in, if your
horse doesn't do water, it will learn quick.
Lynne and all her wonderful help did a fantastic job to put this ride on. They
had a tough job just keeping the trail marked. At one point on the trail we
ran into Lynne. She had waded into the over the belly deep water to put up
some more ribbons. Is that dedication or what?
I enjoy working our rides, but it's also great to finally go do a ride and
this is a ride I would do again. Claire & I had a blast and it was nice to see
Paul Critchfield back riding again too!
Thanks Lynne for such a FUN ride, we'll be back.

Peggie Norton
Las Vegas, NV.