Aussie Saddle Help

Is there anyone out there with an Aussie saddle that can help with an Aussie
saddle problem?

Here it is. My saddle (brand unknown) fit just fine until this summer. No dry
spots, sore back or any problems. This was even with just using a thin
dressage stlye pad (I know, not recommended but successful for the last 2
years). Then my horse developed dry spots near the withers. I added a thin
withers pad. No help. I changed to a standard western pad. No help. I added a
fairly thick neoprene like rubber pad. Too hot and still no help. I have tried
to move the padding around in the saddle panels with an awl and have had a
slight improvement. Still can't quite get the dry spots to go away completely.
He is starting to develop white hairs. Anymore suggestions?

Oh, don't suggest that I not use an Aussie style saddle. Those pads they call
poley's, I call angel wings, as they have saved me many a time from losing my
seat. I love that saddle.

Ed Roley
western NC

Preparing to do a ride across the Great Smoky Mountain Natl Park  in October
and need my saddle problem solved pronto. Also planning to ride Biltmore at
the end of this month.