Arghhhh.....desparately seeking saddle!

Well, I have just completed another limited distance ride
(30 miles) on my Peruvian Paso mare, and a friend
completed on my young Peruvian gelding, El Guapo (his first!)
....the Pacific Crest Ride at/near Howard Prairie, Oregon.
Great and beautiful ride, well marked trails, level camp ground, lots of
water on the trail and in camp, and a superior vet team!

Recoveries were quite good in the heat, although Guapo needed
some extra time to recover at the 17 mile vet check because of all
the strange horses and the comings and goings of other riders.  But he
recovered faster than my mare at the completion, and ended
up with a better "total ride time" than her!  (Humpphh!)

But horrors of horrors, I am discovering white hairs on my
mare's back where my skeletal anatomy has not been cushioned
adequately by the Soft Rider saddle I've ridden for the past 3 years.
Since we riders of gaited horses sit most of the time, this is a
significant warning sign!  So, with the soft rider now sadely  relegated
to a saw horse in the barn, I am now embarking on the dreaded
"great saddle hunt" for a replacement.  Arghhhhh.........

(Luckily, my next ride isn't until November, so there's time to
find the right saddle and get some time in it before it's
"show time".)  Anyone got a used Boz????????

Sue

Sue Riegel, So. Oregon
Peruvians and Keeshonden