Re: Norco Ride Story

>Basecamp was really nice; it was situated on top of a hill with views
>and a breeze. I
>enjoyed seeing everyone again, including Becky, Kat, Barbara, Sandy and
>Kris. This
>was my 5th LD ride and someday I may do a 50. Because, every time I am
>finished
>with my LD ride I say to myself, "I'm glad I'm still not out there
>riding", I don't think I
>am ready. Who knows...maybe Manzanita.

The 50s got the afternoon in the riverbed, nyah nyah. :)  Next year, we
will extend the riverbed trails down to Hamner Avenue (beyond I-15) and
reduce the amount of hill work, so that the 25s get to have more fun.  Our
hills look deceptively easy from a pickup truck hauling into camp, eh?
Many  people questioned their difficulty ahead of time, but I suspect most
people would consider this a moderate ride.  A few thought moderate-plus,
but then I reminded them of the Garner Valley ride.

98 riders started, 49/59 50 milers completed, and 34/39 25 milers
completed.  I'll post the results on ridecamp soon.  Winner of the 50 was
Dabney Finch of La Cresta with a ride time of 5:22, BC was Lesa Beeler of
San Bernardino.  25 BC was ridecamp subscriber Lee Vallone of Yuma AZ.

Our prayers were answered when the temperature dropped from the 100-112
range to 81 on the day before the ride.  Unfortunately, the atypical
humidity, from tropical storm Isis, hung around and made things a bit more
difficult.  The feedback indicated that folks had fun riding, and will be
back to support our sophomore year.

Lynne