Re: Newbie query: why required weight?

Jerry Fruth wrote:

> Truman, As you know I have nothing but the highest regard for Susan and her
> work.  However, on this one, Susan, you are all wet.

Like everyone else, you're welcome to an opinion.  Read on.

  There is no way a
> heavyweight rider can take his horse out month after month and chase the
> flyweights and expect that horse to hold up for the long term.

I never said anything about long-term, did I?  If you like, I'll send
you a copy of the study---in which I specifically discuss that the
results apply ONLY to single events, and does not and cannot make any
predictions about effects over the course of a career.  So read the
study first, Jerry---you'll see that you're arguing points that I'm not
trying to make.:-)

Susan G