Re: Discombubulated hind end!

Anytime I get a call from someone who's horse is not moving right, I suggest a
visit from the Vet. This, hopefully, rules out any medical issue.
Recently I was asked to work with a stumbler. Shoeing was blamed and ruled
out, obvious lameness was ruled out, etc. The horse is in the same place with
mine and I "saw" obvious rearend problems and Rolfing or Chiropractic would
help. The day I ws supposed to work with the horse the blood test results came
back, Rhino positive.
As far as a horse getting used to new "sensations" in their body I agree with
this 100%. However, I do not think that the new movement pattern will be
abherant to what it had before. The path to efficient movement is not through
inefficient movement. If the movement is worse after the adjustment then the
symptom was treated not the cause, further adjustments are indicated to
relieve the cause.
If your Chiro is not a DVM I would have the DVM check the horse first to rule
out a medical problem.

jim pascucci
Advanced Certified Rolfer