Re: Paulina Peak Ride Alert

We awoke this morning to news of serious forest fires (arson-caused no less)
in the area of our upcoming (September 12) Paulina Peak Ride (Oregon) and
subsequent road closures that could impact us.  We are expecting somewhat
cooler temperatures this weekend, and as of now the fires are contained, so we
hope that all will still be well for the ride and will remain optimistic.
However, we felt it only fair to forewarn folks.  I am headed to Norco,
California this afternoon to vet Lynne Glazer's River Dance Ride, and Paul is
headed to a local ride with his horse (hopefully, if the shop gets the
electrical problem in the truck fixed in time) so we won't be able to respond
to queries until Sunday night.  We hope all the fires are out by then and that
we can commence with marking Monday as planned, but we felt it only fair to
forewarn everyone.  Please check this forum for updates next week, or e-mail
me personally (cmksagehil@aol.com) or give us a call (541-548-1754--early
morning or late night is best, obviously, as we will be working on trail if
all is well) if you need to check on what is happening.

Heidi Smith, DVM--Paulina Peak Ride (Oregon)