RE: Hunter's Bump -- just what is it?

Seems most common in long backed horses (lots of those in the QTR horse
breed). Combine this with  a horse who travels with it's head up and back
hollow under the saddle and you can easily have a roach back. I used to ride
a high headed, long backed jumper who had a pronounced roach to her back.
She was an outstanding jumper. If you can change how your horse works and
uses it's head/neck/back then the horses muscular developement and back
shape will improve.

Bonnie Snodgrass